cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ops Center report on Policy Keyword field

Benny_Boy
Level 2

Presently have NB Master 7.1 and Ops Center 7.1 and need to work on a way to report on client jobs but showing the policy keyword field.  Background: client/server is a disk replicaiton target and hosts remote replicated data from various remote clients, server-side scripted backups a run to snapshot and mount these server volumes then stream to tape with the -k field being used to provide details.

I've read various articles on this forum but nothing has got me to a report that will provide this data and wondering if I have to go to SQL query to get the data as I need it?  I can do bpimagelist command on the Master server and get all the data I need to assume it's all present in Ops Center and just my lack of knowledge that's the issue.

I'm also considering if Ops Center 7.5 may be necessary?  Appreicate your time and input...

3 REPLIES 3

Shaf
Level 6

Can you please elobrate more on this.??

Benny_Boy
Level 2

Ok...

So we have a Windows virutal host, it can have upto 20-30 volumes mounted which are active replications via a block level software tool.  To take long term archives Customer required these to be taken to tape so the replicaiton tool allows a 'virtual snapshot' to be taken and presented as a accessible volume on the server.  In this case we mount them to a folder... eg.

bpbackup -p POLICY -s Scripted-Backup -t 13 -k "ServerName_Volume - Recovery Point TimeStamp(GMT) = 2013/11/2 17:48:13:587:28:2" -w 06:00:00 T:\Path\ServerName\Volume

So each replicated server has a snapshot volume 'mounted' and file backup completed.

I've got a report that'll give me the Filepath which is part of the way but the '-k' field will give me the virutal Server Name, Volume and snapshot window for a particular data set.  

Not an ideal solution but it's what I have to work with and $$ involved will not allow me to change the current software stack.  I know that Netbackup could do similar things but it's not in scope to change so I have to work with what I have.

Benny_Boy
Level 2

Info added... let me know if this clarifies things a bit better.