cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter - 10939 error when adding new master server

ZailaniKasbolah
Level 1

Hi,

im trying to add a new master server that is currently running netbackup 9.1 into my Opscenter running 10.0.0.1

my master server is running RHEL7.6 and my opscenter is running windows 2016. 

i can ping and login to java console of master server from opscenter server but when i try to add it into opscenter, i encounter opscenter-10939 error.

i try following "https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100032300" but since im using the root user, im not sure if its apply to me.

does anyone have any suggestion that i can look into?

2 REPLIES 2

kiyan
Level 4

speedup34
Level 2

My knowledge says, how you can do it:

1. Open a terminal on your OpsCenter server.

2. Navigate to the root user's home directory. This is typically `/root`. You can use the following command:
```bash
cd /root
```

3. Edit the `/etc/hosts` file using a text editor. You can use a command-line editor like `vi` or `nano`. For example:
```bash
nano /etc/hosts
```

4. Add an entry for your master server, including its IP address and hostname. For example:
```plaintext
192.168.1.2 mymasterserver
```

Replace `192.168.1.2` with the actual IP address of your master server, and `mymasterserver` with its hostname.

5. Save the changes and exit the text editor.

After making these changes, try adding the master server to OpsCenter again. If you continue to encounter the `opscenter-10939` error, consider checking the OpsCenter and NetBackup compatibility matrix to ensure that the versions are compatible. Additionally, verify network connectivity, firewall settings, and any security groups or policies that might affect communication between OpsCenter and the master server.