cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter 7.1 Connects to NBU 7.0.1 but not 7.1

rsamora
Level 5
Certified

I have 5 master servers.  I installed OpsCenter 7.1 (Build 20110203) on a stand alone server.  I added my 5 master servers under the Configuration -> NetBackup tab.  When I was done, my two 7.0.1 NetBackup Master servers show "Connected" and and three 7.1 Master Servers show "Not Connected."  This is my first attempt at OpsCenter so I'm hoping this is an easy fix and someone out there is going to jump right in and resolve this for me.  Anyone?

Thanks in advance,

Randy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

OPs center version should be equal or higher to NetBackup master server in domain...

Also you must add Opscenter server to all the Master Server's host properties under server's tab . Then you should be able to connect all the master servers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Fr_d_ric_RIGAL
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

What is the exact version of your NetBackup Master Server 7.1 ? 7.1? 7.1.0.1? 7.1.0.2?

I suggest to upgrade both Master Server 7.1 and Opscenter 7.1 to at least 7.1.0.1.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

OPs center version should be equal or higher to NetBackup master server in domain...

Also you must add Opscenter server to all the Master Server's host properties under server's tab . Then you should be able to connect all the master servers.

Symboy
Level 6
Accredited Certified

First thing is that it's Not necessarily to have master server NBU version  be equal or higher than the Netbackup Version . It is good to have it though . Would still advice to upgrade OC server  to latest release . ie 7.1.0.2 

Opscenter 7.1 can manager any Master server among 7.1.x or 7.1.0.x  . 

Secondly , please check which data collector is failing and with what error message .