cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter 7.6 not connecting to Master Server

npolite
Level 5

Hi All,

I've upgraded OpsCenter from 7.1 to 7.6 and I am unable to connect to the Netbackup Master server. Both Netbackup and OpsCenter are on the same server.

First Issue I had was port 3652 was in use by nbdisco and OpsCenter wants to use it for the Broker. I altered the configureAt.bat and changed the 3652 port to 36520 and re-ran the bat file. Now OpsCenter starts. I am unable to connect to the master sever with my administrator account. When I installed Netbackup I select the local system account option and didn't put a username in assuming it would use administrator.

This is the error I am getting:

OpsCenter-10939:Connection to the specified NetBackup Master Server was not established. Enter the valid NetBackup user name and password. Enter the domain name along with the user name, if applicable. For example: domain1\admin

The server was once used as an ADS server and we have since 3 years ago retired ADS. It is not part of any domain controlled network either.

Has anyone seen this issue?

5 REPLIES 5

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

This posting:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/running-opscenter-media-server

...twice hints at issues with mixed versions of some authentication binaries.

1) Is your NetBackup Server installation still at v7.1?  Maybe upgrade NetBackup to the same version as OpsCenter and it might start working again?  (totally wild guess).

2) Is your OpsCenter monitoring two or more master servers?

npolite
Level 5

Thanks for the reply SDO. The Netbackup server is on 7.6.1.2. I checked on OpsCenter and I had 7.6.1 so I updated it to 7.6.1.2 and I am still facing the issue. It is only monitoring this one master server. I may go back to 7.5 as that was working.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

3) Did you reboot the server (i.e. fully restart NetBackup and OpsCenter)?

4) Why not open a support case?  They may be able to help you without having to roll-back.  Or they may be able to confirm that mixed NetBackup 7.6.1.2 and OpsCenter 7.6.1.2 on the one server will never work.

npolite
Level 5

Hi SDO,

Yes I rebooted several times. I can't explain this but the test button just doesn't work. I added the server with all of the configuration and selected "Save and Close" and it shows as connected and is pulling the data for the reports. Very odd but I'm all set now.

Zilf
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

same problem here.

Opscenter 7.6.1.2, master 7.6.1.2, both on windows 2008R2.

connection to opscenter interface are done using domain account name.

No agent is used except the internal one.

Account tried for the connection test :

- domain account

- local administrator account of the master server

- domain admin account

regards,