cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter Alerting question

Toddman214
Level 6

Netbackup 7.6.0.4, Windows 2008r2 Master and media servers. Opscenter 7.6.0.1.

Hello,

I have a particular set of Oracle Database backup policies for which I need to set up some sort of alerting. For example, lets say I have a policy called ORA_ABCD. I need to have an email that immediately generates and is sent out to a group of my choosing anytime database policy ORA_ABCD has a backup failure. Ive created reports for many different things, and even a few other alerts, such as when a backup runs too long, etc, but I cannot seem to find a way for Opscenter to tell me when a particular job fails based on its policy. Is Opscenter capable of this kind of alerting, or is that just too granular? I am using Analytics.

Thanks all.

Todd

2 REPLIES 2

Kaspar_Brygger
Level 3
Partner

Hi Todd.

It should be possible to create an alert for "Incomplete Job". Try to look in the Manage -> Alert Policies and see, if any match your particular needs.

Some alert condition for incomplete job states something like this...

"An alert is generated when a job of a specified type of the specified policy/client moves to an incomplete state."

With this you must be able to create an email alert and have your needs fullfilled.

Regards

Kaspar Brygger

/Kaspar

Toddman214
Level 6

Hello Kaspar,

I probably should have mentioned that I was able to get that far, and am able to select "An alert is generated when a job of a specified type of the specified policy/client moves to an incomplete state." But, it never does give me the option to specify a client or policy. It does give me the option to specify "type", which in this case is "backup". But, after that, it takes me straight to the email recipient configuration, and then "save".