cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter Audit Reporting

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

Hi,

I am looking to allow helpdesk users to complete restore operations using the 7.5.0.1 OpsCentre, I have created a view containing the selected clients that they can restore to and have setup the user accounts as restore operators only, the users into OpsCenter using their Active Directory accounts.

I have tested the restore function and this works really well; however when looking at the audit reports this shows that the restore was completed by root, I am not using NBAC but as the user has logged in using the AD account I was wondering if there was any method for the job to record the user account that initiated the restore?

Kev

Attitude is a small thing that makes a BIG difference
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nibu_Habel
Not applicable
Employee

Hi Kevin

When any operation  is initiated from Opscenter the "Opscenter user" information is not reflected with Audit service .Hence the job would be shown as initiated by the default user ie (root/administrator).This holds  true even if NBAC is enabled

Thanks & regards

Nibu

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nibu_Habel
Not applicable
Employee

Hi Kevin

When any operation  is initiated from Opscenter the "Opscenter user" information is not reflected with Audit service .Hence the job would be shown as initiated by the default user ie (root/administrator).This holds  true even if NBAC is enabled

Thanks & regards

Nibu

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

Cheers Nibu,

Bit of a shame that the "OpsCenter" user details cannot be recorded in the audit logs, hopefully Symantec can look at this in future releases.

Kev

Attitude is a small thing that makes a BIG difference