cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter Daily Failure Report w/Filters

rsamora
Level 5
Certified

I am new to OpsCenter Analytics.  I have been supporting NetBackup since back when it was still spelled with lower case letters :)  We have always used a third party reporting tool, Aptare, but now we have OpsCenter Analytics and I'm trying to move all of my reports over from Aptare.  I'm on NBU 7.6.0.3 and OpsCenter 7.6.0.1 (which I should probably patch.)  I was able to get very granular with Aptare.  Before I spend a lot of time trying to do the same in OpsCener, I thought I'd ask if it's even possible.  Here's what I'm shooting for . . .

Failures in the past 24 hours from the time the report is scheduled to be mailed out.  And I want to exclude Statuses 0,1, and 150s; possibly others.  On my wish list, I'd be tickled pink if I could somehow filter out the failures that auto requeued and finished successfully.

Is any, or all, of that possible?  My printer is spitting out the last 120 pages of the 368 OpsCenter Reporting guide and I thought I'd ask before I sit down with my reading material.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.

Randy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

juliette_coates
Level 3
Partner

If you are running the 'All failed Backups' report, you can edit the report to filter out what you don't want.  On the parameters page, go to the Filters section at the bottom, and select Job.  Use the drop down box to show Status code, and then filter out the ones that you don't want to see on the report.  Keep adding the status codes that you don't want on the report.

You can then set up a schedule to email out the report on a daily basis.

As regards the jobs auto-rerunning and completed successfully, it all depends whether or not the automatic rerun spawns a new job ID or not, if it does, then OpsCenter can't track it.  

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

juliette_coates
Level 3
Partner

If you are running the 'All failed Backups' report, you can edit the report to filter out what you don't want.  On the parameters page, go to the Filters section at the bottom, and select Job.  Use the drop down box to show Status code, and then filter out the ones that you don't want to see on the report.  Keep adding the status codes that you don't want on the report.

You can then set up a schedule to email out the report on a daily basis.

As regards the jobs auto-rerunning and completed successfully, it all depends whether or not the automatic rerun spawns a new job ID or not, if it does, then OpsCenter can't track it.  

Hope this helps.

rsamora
Level 5
Certified

Thank you Juliette.  That's what I was looking for.

Randy