cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter Data Collection Error

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

Hi,

I have a new 7.6.0.1 OpsCenter running on RHEL, based in the USA, which will be used as a global OC as part of a restructure of the backup team in the UK/USA/AP, having addeed two 7.6.0.1 Master Servers and two 7.5.0.7 master servers I am having an issue with one of the 7.5.0.7 servers, it failes to complete the data collection for the BMR, Skipped Files & Job Throughput Data Type, I get the following error mesage Nbsl/Agent communication exception]: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: Maybe

At present the Master Server is also connected to a local UK 75.0.7 OC and this has no errors at all, could this be due to the NBSL process being hammered as it is on two servers and also uses SLP Duplication?

Attitude is a small thing that makes a BIG difference
5 REPLIES 5

Yogesh_Jadhav1
Level 5

Kevin,

Even I have one of the severs for which few of the data types are not collected. This seems to be an issue. I have faced this issue 7.5 version and seems to persist in 7.6 itself. Given the fact i guess its the OpsCenter Server which is not able to collect the data. Please check you memory utilization on OpsCenter server and check if you see any heap size error.

ontherocks
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Kevin,

1. Could you please confirm that bp.conf of 7.5.0.7 master server (having issue) is updated with OpsCenter server name ?

OPS_CENTER_SERVER_NAME = <server_name>

2. On opscenter, data collection tab, agent is checked?

If yes then please uncheck the same.

3. Restart Services on OpsCenter server.

4. Restart NetBackup services or NBSL service on NetBackup Master server.

Let us know the result :)

AdityaS
Level 3
Employee

Hi Kevin,

It seems to be a case where two OpsCenter servers (local UK 7.5.0.7 and a global 7.6.0.1 OpsCenter server) are connected and collecting data from one master server.

This type of configuration (one master is connected and monitored by multiple OpsCenter servers) is not supported. And in case of such configuration result could be undefined and there could be chances of failure of some types of data collection.

Exception CORBA : :COMM_FAILURE is very generic but it could be due to some network and / or connectivity issue.

In order to localize the issue can we disable the data collection from the local OpsCenter server and let the data collection continue with global OpsCenter server?

Please let us know does it make any difference in data collection.

Thanks

Aditya

AdityaS
Level 3
Employee

Hi Yogesh,

Can you please let us know which types of data collection are failing? And what is the error that OpsCenter  server monitor is showing? 

What is the master server version?

Is the same type of data collection failing after the OpsCenter upgrade or its different? 

Thanks

Aditya

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in responding, I have been off for a while.

I have checked the bp.conf on the servers and they are all fine, one thing I did do was to bounce the OpsCenter server and restart everything including readding the server and this has stabalised over the past few weeks.

I appreciate that our current config is not supported but as part of a migration from a local backup environment to a global one we wanted to ensure that things would work correctly, not sure how easy it is to migrate the database from a 7.5.0.7 Wintel OC to a 7.6.0.1 RHEL OC so went the lazy way :)

If anyone knows how I can transfer the custom reports from one to the other that would be great as I dont want to create them all by hand again

Kev

Attitude is a small thing that makes a BIG difference