cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter Disks Requirements

bcconline
Not applicable

Hi Folks,

Trying to plan an OpsCenter installation that will be used to collect data from a number of master servers and have a quick question:

Is there a good way to estimate disk space requirements? I know it's based on DB size of each master server...so guess I more to the point: are images also copied to the OpsCenter server? Our NetBackup databases are in th 500-2000 MB range without images, but up to 80-100 GB with databases...so could be a substantial difference in disk requirement.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Database sizing varies upon how much data is collected from your master(s).  The size of the OpsCenter database is mostly dependent on the number of jobs run per day, and the amount of time you wish to retain the data within the OpsCenter database.

Most environments I have seen appear to run between 4-20GB for an OpsCenter database.

Very Large environments with 20,000+ jobs per master with multiple masters, seem to run between 20-70GB (atypical environments)

Please Note: If the database appears to grow to fast and freespace becomes an issue, you can always move the database to a new volume for space and performance.

For more information on Sizing Guidelines, please refer to the Symantec OpsCenter 7.1 Administrator's Guide 

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3708

pg. 94