cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter Java Logging to 'systemprofile'

RBC_JB
Level 2

We have a dedicated OpsCenter server running, version 7.5.0.1 on Windows 2008 R2.

There are a number of Java log files in C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile, currently 11 of them:

java0.log, java1.log through to java11.log ... most of these files are approximatley 348MB

The concern is that left unmanaged these will continue to be created possibly exhausting space on the OS drive.

I could setup a process (scheduled task or similar) to manage these by deleting old files but I think it should be possible to configure something to manage them automatically.

Our questions are:

1) Are these logs rotating already?

2) If the logs are not being rotated, can they be configured to rotate?

3) If applicable where are the settings to manage the rotation of these logs configured?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hermann_O
Level 3

Hello everyone,

I've got the information from Veritas this is a known issue and will be fixed in 7.7.3.

The ID regarding the bug I've received is ET3861570.

Best regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RBC_JB
Level 2

I made a mistake in my post:

Our OpsCentre server is actually at version 7.7.1 not 7.5.0.1 as stated originally.

Hermann_O
Level 3

Hello everyone,

I've got the same issue since upgrading to OpsCenter 7.7.1

Logs are growing to ~350MB, what I can see in the windows Event Log is the following:

Every five minutes Errors with the source "Global WCF Exceptions Demo" Event ID 100 are occuring.

That's the message:

Message: HandlingInstanceID: eeee1475-a1b8-4c4b-bc50-14c4686805e7
An exception of type 'System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException' occurred and was caught.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
01/18/2016 03:35:49
Type : System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Message : There was an error while trying to serialize parameter http://Domain.GlobalService/11.1/2010/11:results. The InnerException message was 'Maximum number of items that can be serialized or deserialized in an object graph is '65536'. Change the object graph or increase the MaxItemsInObjectGraph quota. '.  Please see InnerException for more details.

Did you already solve the issue or does someone have an idea what to do?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards

areznik
Level 5

Are you sure these are OpsCenter logs? can you post some contents? 

EDIT: Never mind, I checked my OpsCenter server and I have a bunch of these too; 

It looks like they are configured to log here in this file: "C:\Program Files\Symantec\OpsCenter\server\jre\lib\logging.properties". On my system (7.7.1) it looks like this file is left with all defaults.

I havent tried editing it yet so not 100% if this is the right file. 

Hermann_O
Level 3

Hello everyone,

I've got the information from Veritas this is a known issue and will be fixed in 7.7.3.

The ID regarding the bug I've received is ET3861570.

Best regards

Genericus
   VIP   

lol, fixed in 7.7.3, broke in 8.1.2:

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/OpsCenter-systemprofile-java-files-management-cleanup-etc/m-p/8...

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS