cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter/Netbackup not displaying reports over 2 1/2 weeks

npolite
Level 5

Hi All,

I have OpsCenter setup and when I try to run a report I am not seeing anything before August 12th. I have files on the weekends that don't expire for 6-12 months. Is there something else I need to configure to get this working correctly?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

npolite, 

If this is a new installation of OpsCenter then you will only see job data that was available in your activity monitor and going forward. 

OpsCenter mostly reports job data and not image data... therefore that would seem to explain your ability to only report back to 8/12

---------

Also, if your are not licensed for OpsCenter Analytics, your will be prevented from reporting older then 60 days.

----------

In addition, check your purge settings (Settings / Configuration / Purge ) 

The defaults for Job data purge is  420 days

If you have any questions, please let me know.

--Tom

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

npolite, 

If this is a new installation of OpsCenter then you will only see job data that was available in your activity monitor and going forward. 

OpsCenter mostly reports job data and not image data... therefore that would seem to explain your ability to only report back to 8/12

---------

Also, if your are not licensed for OpsCenter Analytics, your will be prevented from reporting older then 60 days.

----------

In addition, check your purge settings (Settings / Configuration / Purge ) 

The defaults for Job data purge is  420 days

If you have any questions, please let me know.

--Tom

inn_kam
Level 6
Partner Accredited

well

enable the MASTER Server in Ops Center Configiration

Dave_High
Level 4
Employee

Even if this is a new installation, NBU stores data for at least 30 days depending on the version. Newer versions save the data longer. So when you connect OC to NBU you should pull - at a minimum - 30 days of reporting info depending on the info (not all data is stored for 30+ days on NBU but the basics are). For example, you can run a "bperror -all" command you can see how much data is stored within NBU.

By default OpsCenter reports 14 days (two weeks). There is a filter once you have run the report that allows you to select a custom time frame. Then, as Tom mentioned in his reply, you can go back to 60 days without an OCA key.

Let us know if this information was helpful or if you are still having issues. Knowing the version of OpsCenter and NetBackup is always helpful.

Cheers,

dave

npolite
Level 5

I think I may have found the issue. NetOps (verison 7.5) was not running for some time. I think is why we are only seeing back to August 12th. If it was only reading two weeks this should have been deleted by now.

Nick

npolite
Level 5

Thanks for the help eveyone.

Nick