Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter Report for backup

Ajith_Sankar
Level 6
Certified

Hi Folks,

Which is the acurate OpsCenter report that display all parameters in the Netbackup activity monitor. I have OpsCenter analytics and using Report-->Backup Reports-->Job browser reports-->Tubular report for generating the weekly report. But it is not fetching all data and missing couple of days backup information.

13 REPLIES 13

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Ajith,

run this query and check if there are any missing jobs. Adjust the dates as required.

select domain_jobarchive.id
from domain_jobarchive
where UTCBigIntToNomTime(domain_JobArchive.startTime) between '9/15/2014' and '10/15/2014'
order by domain_jobarchive.id DESC

Ajith_Sankar
Level 6
Certified

Hi Riaan,

You want me to run an sql qury in opscenter? I am doing this

Create new report --> Run sql query --> copy & paster below query --> next --> Save report. But it is not giving any report format. It is just showing some numbers. Attached the screen shot

select domain_jobarchive.id
from domain_jobarchive
where UTCBigIntToNomTime(domain_JobArchive.startTime) between '10/09/2014' and '10/14/2014'

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi Ajith,

Yes that is all it would show. Its the jobid's.

You said "But it is not fetching all data and missing couple of days backup information." which means you say there are jobs missing? The sql query would allow you to see if there is any gap in the jobids. If there is, then there is a problem, if there isn't then we can continue figuring out what is wrong with the format because all the data (jobs) are in the database.

So are all the jobid's present?

Ajith_Sankar
Level 6
Certified

Hi Riaan,

I could not find few job ids in the report. Both are attached. From the screen shot you can see the Weekly backup which ran on 11th Oct is missing from the report.

RiaanBadenhorst

Try this and lets see

select
nb_JobFilesArchive.jobId as 'Job id',
domain_JobArchive.clientName as 'Client',
domain_JobArchive.policyName as 'Policy Name',
domain_JobArchive.scheduleName as 'Schedule Name',
(domain_JobArchive.bytesWritten / 1024) as 'Size in KB',
nb_JobFilesArchive.fileinfo as 'File List',
lookup_JobStatuscode.id as 'Status Code',
lookup_JobStatusCode.name as 'Exit Status',
UTCBigIntToNomTime(domain_JobArchive.startTime) as 'Start Time',
UTCBigIntToNomTime(domain_JobArchive.endTime) as 'End Time'
from domain_jobarchive, nb_JobFilesArchive, lookup_JobStatuscode
where
domain_jobarchive.id= nb_JobFilesArchive.Jobid
and
domain_JobArchive.StatusCode=lookup_JobStatusCode.id
and
UTCBigIntToNomTime(domain_JobArchive.startTime) between '10/10/2014' and '10/12/2014'

Ajith_Sankar
Level 6
Certified

Hi Riaan,

Now the weekly backup listing in the above query report. Attached the report herewith. But we had 3 days full backups(10,11,12) but this report showing only two.

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi Ajith,

That is because its looking at the start time (of the jobs) as '10/12/2014 00:00:00'. So basically its only catching the few jobs that started on the 12th at 00:00. Which means its really not looking at the 12th. You can increase it to the 13th ('10/13/2014') or the specific hours to include such as '10/12/2014 23:59:59'.

Ajith_Sankar
Level 6
Certified

Thats alright.

But any idea why it is skipping the backup informations in the Job browser report-->Tubular backup report ?

RiaanBadenhorst

You can just save the query (modify it as required) and then run it as our own report or you could check what the report is using in its query, maybe we can see why it missing info.

Use the information below to find out what query its running. Then post it.

OpsCenter version 7.5.x:
1.)  Run the OpsCenter canned report of interest manually via the OpsCenter Web GUI.

2.)  Look for the last modified OpsCenter application log file (which starts with 58330-423) on the Opscenter server in the following location :
<INSTALL_PATH>\Symantec\OpsCenter\server\logs

3.)  Open the file via an text editor, and look at the bottom of the file for the following phrase 'building query for report <report_name>'.

4.)  The next line should include the following phrase: 'Query generated is'
In this line you will see the SQL query that was just executed for the canned report you ran.

Note:  In some cases the report is run by calling a stored procedure instead of a direct SQL query.  When this occurs, you will see the phrase 'executing stored procedure <stored_procedure_name>'.

Ajith_Sankar
Level 6
Certified

Is there any other report that gives the major parameters in the Netbackup activity monitor ?  I created a report manually without using any templates and found all the backups are listing there. But the problem with that report is Database backups size is showing wrong. 

Really dont know what is happening  in Opscenter. There are lot of reports but nothing is usful.

RiaanBadenhorst

That's why I just make my own with the query, all the information is in there, you just have to ask for it.

Ajith_Sankar
Level 6
Certified

I logged a symantec support ticket ti fix this report issue. I will update the status soon

RiaanBadenhorst

Cool