cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter Report generating slow

BeardedOne
Level 2

I'm running OpsCenter 7.7.1 on RHEL 6.7.  It's a VM running in ESXi 5.5. We only have 1 RHEL 6 master server and 4 media appliances. The rest of the environment is running 7.6.1.2. This was set up by someone else over a year ago I inherited it.

We have a quarterly report we run for all backup jobs. It's part of our compliance process. We haven't had any issues until the recent Q4 report. I've only got it to successfully run twice but couldn't export or email it. The export failed with a 0 byte file even though I could see the data on the screen.

I notice that it takes forever to run, just get the working cursor and it spins forever. One time it ran for 20 minutes and produced data. Most times nothing and I adjusted the timeout value for the GUI so I can let it run. So far other reports I try run OK. But I did notice earlier when I emailed a different report it took a really long time. Roughly 15 -20 minutes.

I've gone through the Performance and Tuning guide and changed heap sizes for OpsCenter service, OpsCenter web service, and db cache. I didn't find an agent. I defrag'ed the database too. I adjusted the VM and gave it 4 CPU's and 16G of RAM.  The database files are only around 1.5G. I do notice that the OpsCenterDBd process consumes all the CPU's and pegs them at 100%.  I was running OpsCenter 7.6.1.2 but I updated it hoping that it would fix it. No luck.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

areznik
Level 5

Run the report from outside the opsCenter GUI (via Sybase Interactive SQL or some other client with ODBC).  Since you only run it once a quarter you probably dont care how long it takes if you can get the data out, and running it outside OpsCenter will let you do that. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

areznik
Level 5

Run the report from outside the opsCenter GUI (via Sybase Interactive SQL or some other client with ODBC).  Since you only run it once a quarter you probably dont care how long it takes if you can get the data out, and running it outside OpsCenter will let you do that. 

BeardedOne
Level 2

Thanks. I eventually got it to work. Just took 12 hours to generate.