cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter - Report on Backup Job Database Instance Name

VictorPrata
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Is it possible to report on database instance names? I have a SQL backup policy configured in NetBackup and it would be nice to report on databases themselves instead of just the server name.

In this article http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO43374 , it anounces it as a new feature for the 7.1 version. I am using 7.5.0.4 and find nothing.

The article states the following: "A new Report On parameter called Backup Job Database Instance Name is available when you edit custom reports. Using the Backup Job Database Instance Name parameter, you can view data for a specific MS-SQL database instance in a custom report."

I am NOT using or have license for OpsCenter Analytics.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Vprata,

Unfortunately, it does appear to be an OpsCenter Analytics only option.

I tried modifying the regular Tabular Backup report, and this filter is not available. 

Let me know if you have any questions... 

--Tom

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

tom_sprouse
Level 6

Vprata,

Yes, there is a Filter for Database Instance Name...

You will need to create a custom report, or modify the Tabular Backup Report, and filter on this option.

Screenshot provided.

VictorPrata
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi Tom,

Are you sure you don't have that option available because you have a licence for OpsCenter Analytics?

I do not (see attached image).

So question is: does the article need correction or is the feature just playing hard to get with me?

Thanks for the quick response.

tom_sprouse
Level 6

Vprata,

Unfortunately, it does appear to be an OpsCenter Analytics only option.

I tried modifying the regular Tabular Backup report, and this filter is not available. 

Let me know if you have any questions... 

--Tom