cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter Restore files not shown

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

Hi,

I have a strange problem with OpsCenter 7.6.0.1 restore function, when using the browse option a directory listing is not showing the contents, I can see the full directory and files if I use the Java GUI and I can also use the OpsCenter restore search option to locate a file within the missing directory listings.

This may be due to some of the file names that the MAC application creates which start with ._ but unsure.

I have attached a few screenshots in a doc to show the problems, I want to use the OC restore as I have a user that looks after the restore and it is easier to use the OC for this with selected views, also I cannot locate a MAC client for the Java GUI :)

Kev

Attitude is a small thing that makes a BIG difference
13 REPLIES 13

pkantor
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hello Kevin,

Did you manage to resolve this issue?

I am seeing the exactly same behavior on OpsCenter 7.6.0.2. Seems like it is happening only when I want to browse bigger drives. I too am able to use search no problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Petr

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

Hi Petr,

I currently have a call opened with Symantec, they were going to try this out in one of their labs then get back to me, still waiting a response from them, once I get something I will let you know

Kev

pkantor
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Many thanks Kevin. Much appreciated.

pkantor
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi Kevin,

Do you think it's worth logging my own call? Have you heard from Symantec by now?

Thanks.

Petr

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

Hi Petr,

I have just this morning ran a log collection fro Symantec from the Master and the OC, they had issues trying to recreate the problem, looks like I am working with the USA team so there is a time lag, the files collected are almost 200Mb in size so now have to wait for an ftp site from them where I can upload the files.

I did mention that I had placed the issue on Connect and the engineer did say he had noticed that I was not the only one with the problem, might be worth placing a call, in the mean time if i get anything from them I will let you know.

Kev

pkantor
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi Kevin,

Is it okay to give me your support call number. i can then ask STS to link our two calls that there is no duplicate effort.

Thanks.

Petr

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

Hi Petr,

My support call is 06729184 please feel free to get them linked, I have just uploaded all the logs to the Symantec support site, will wait until I get some feedback and let you know their findings

Kev

pkantor
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi Kevin,

My case number is 06854406

Thanks.

Petr

ErikCornelissen
Level 2

Hi guys,

Is this issue resolved or are you still busy investigating it? We're facing the same problem.

Thanks

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

I am still waiting for Symantec to get back to me after sending all the support logs

Kev

ErikCornelissen
Level 2

Any news on this matter?

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

Just had an email from support, they have been unable to recreate the issue so are looking to pass this over to the backline team

Kev

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

Hi,

I had the following back from backline support:

Digging into the logs I can see what the problem is. 
If you look in the 148 log where the customer performed the search you can see the entry: 
/Volumes/xsanvol1/Archive/Aaron/TO BE ARCHIVED /GGG/Girl Got Game.docx 

Notice that the above file path has a trailing space in the "TO BE ARCHIVED " directory. 

Backline was able to replicate this in a lab kit. 

Are you able remove the space from the folder name? That should resolve this issue moving forward with the "Browse" restore option in OpsCenter. 

Looks like an issue with the MAC directory naming, I am going to test this on another server as the original directory no longer exists

UPDATE:

Just had the use create another directory with the tailing space to test this and I am unable to browse the directory in OC with a training space in the directory name, I can search for the file names inside the directory, it looks like OC cannot tolerate these file/directory names whereas the Java BAR is fine with them

Kev