cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter Traps

kproehl
Level 5

Hey Everyone,

I am new to OpsCenter and I am trying to set up traps/email for backups failures.  That part works just fine.  I was curios to know if OpsCenter can send a clearing alert when the error is deleted from NetBackup.  Right now the only way i know how to get the clearing alert is to log into OpsCenter and clear it myself.  

Does anyone know if this is possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RonCaplinger
Level 6

OpsCenter alerts are not cleared if you delete the original offending job in NetBackup.  You still have to log into OpsCenter to acknowledge/clear the alert condition.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RonCaplinger
Level 6

If by "...when the error is deleted from NetBackup..." you mean you rerun/restart a backup, I don't think that would be possible.  There's no command line interface to OpsCenter that would give you access to view/clear OpsCenter's alerts.

If this is a requirement for your site, you might want to look into a more robust SNMP trap/notification system.  OpsCenter could still know about the problems with the backup jobs, but wouldn't manage alerts.

kproehl
Level 5

What i mean is Netbackup generated an error say 150 and OpsCenter picks up on this and generates an alert.  If I go into NetBackup and delete the 150 error from the activity monitor will this generating a clearing alert in OpsCenter.

RonCaplinger
Level 6

OpsCenter alerts are not cleared if you delete the original offending job in NetBackup.  You still have to log into OpsCenter to acknowledge/clear the alert condition.