cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter and Multiple Masters

GRAYWOLF
Level 4

I have 3 master servers (1 in the local domain adn 2 in DMZs in different locations). Can OpsCenter be configured to access all three servers from the same session, or is the only way to do it is with individual sessions? We are using basic, not Analytics

4 REPLIES 4

chengfr
Level 3

I assume you ask if OpsCenter can manage multiple backup domain with a single managment interface. If it is your question, the answer is yes.

GRAYWOLF
Level 4

So what's teh trick? I try to add the other servers and OpsCenter can't locate them.

It won't install on my laptop where I can see all 3 servers.

chengfr
Level 3

You need get your opscenter server to communicate with each of the master servers.

Check OpsCenter admin guide. fairly detailed installaton/config guide.

Rick_Brown
Level 4

I'm using OpsCenter 7.1 monitoring 7 different masters in a single session, it works fine.

Something I did run into is if the master servers are "clones" of one another, changing the server name isn't going to be good enough.

On Unix, there's a file called nbsl.xml dynamically created when the nbsl daemon is created. The file holds a unique identifyer for the server.

If this file is the same on any other server, you will not be able to connect to the other servers becasue OpsCenter thinks it's already connected.

Keep in mind this is just one reason you may not be able to connect.