cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter custom report media filters no data returned

tbofh
Level 2

Hi all

I'm just starting out with OpsCenter, i have 7.1.0.3 with the analytics license. I have it all setup and its mostly working fine but i am having a lot of trouble with the reporting features. This is basically the whole reason i want to use this product and i can't seem to get what i want out of it.

One of my problems has to do with the parameter filters in the custom reports. Specifically, if i filter for the "Backup Media Volume Group Name", with any sort of operator, i always get a report with no data. The filter does correctly list my volume groups for selection, but any selection at all produces a useless report. The field itself works perfectly on a non-filtered report.

Is this a broken filter or am i missing something i need to do to ensure the data comes through? Just for background, this particular report has a filter for Media History Status and the above group name. I've even tried selecting all the volume groups in the filter, but it still comes back with no data. Removal of the group name filter gives me a good report, albeit with more tapes listed than i want.

Any help appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

RonCaplinger
Level 6

I can try to duplicate and confirm if it's the filter that is broken (not uncommon, many filters don't seem to apply to some reports even though they are listed). 

What are you looking for this report to show?

What are the other filters you are using?

What is the "Report On" drop-down set to?

What are you using for X- and Y-axis?

tbofh
Level 2

Thanks anyway Ron, this one was too hard even for symantec. I don't know why i'm surprised though, i've never had a successful fix from a symantec support case ever.

I've found a third party workaround, and getting more and more depressed about this vendor every day.