cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter : customized report with color or icon

Nicolas_Horchow
Level 4

Hello,

Do you know if it is possible to customize the report rendering with colors and/or icons ?

I'm trying to reproduce a synthetic report of daily jobs, and default tabular report are not easy to read.

Is there a way to replace value in column with icons, or use a value to colorize a row ?

Ie: failled job will be in red, or with the (motif X11) guy icon,... It will ease the reading of the reports.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Nicholas,

Unfortunatley, this functionality is not built into custom reporting or SQL query reporting.

The colorization / icons that are in some of the Canned Reports are placed there via java.

My suggestion, would be to modify a canned report that you like, and use filtering, and potentially create multiple reports. (Failed Jobs, Partials, Etc)

--Tom

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

tom_sprouse
Level 6

Nicholas,

Unfortunatley, this functionality is not built into custom reporting or SQL query reporting.

The colorization / icons that are in some of the Canned Reports are placed there via java.

My suggestion, would be to modify a canned report that you like, and use filtering, and potentially create multiple reports. (Failed Jobs, Partials, Etc)

--Tom

Nicolas_Horchow
Level 4

Thanks Tom for the feedback.

Will it be possible to do something similar in next release ? At least being able to use filtering function ?

It will allow us to customize the return value.

tom_sprouse
Level 6

Nicolas,

Filtering will definately still be available in the next release... but the ability to use custom formating on returned values within a SQL query will not be available.

--Tom

Nicolas_Horchow
Level 4

Thanks Tom.

With filtering, I was thinking of a feature like conditional formating (like Excel). A low level with something to replace a value with something else.

tom_sprouse
Level 6

Nicholas, 

This is a great suggestion... as it would be beneficial for all customers who would like to flag, color, or seperate failed jobs from partials in the same report.

May I suggest you offer this idea to our Enhancement Portal: 

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/idea/welcome-symantec-ideas

If enough interest is shown creating this ability / feature, it may be added to an upcoming release!

--Tom