cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter install

jwallen21
Level 4

Just recently installed OpsCenter on a windows 2008 r2 VM server. The master server is also a windows 2008 r2 server and we are on version 7.01. After installing the opscenter the master server showed up as partially connected. I read some forums and seen that putting the 7.01 patch on might resolve the issue so I installled a netbackup 7.0 client install and then ran the 7.01 patch on the server. But this didn't remedy the issue and i am not sure i needed to install the client netback. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_C
Level 5

I don't think it's the Netbackup client and 7.0.1 patch you require.  I think you should be patching OpsCenter, also search for relevant EEBs for OpsCenter.

Can you also confirm the version of OpsCenter you are using?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Lee_C
Level 5

I don't think it's the Netbackup client and 7.0.1 patch you require.  I think you should be patching OpsCenter, also search for relevant EEBs for OpsCenter.

Can you also confirm the version of OpsCenter you are using?

Edwork
Level 4

I also installed Opscetner 2 weeks ago. I met similar case, but status - not connect.

My resolution:

1. make sure DNS resolve from master server and OpsCenter server.

2. Go to Master server,

1. Open Regedit
  2. Browse to the key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Veritas\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config

OPS_CENTER_SERVER_NAME    REG_SZ                <opscenter server name>

1. Restart NetBackup

jwallen21
Level 4

Thank you both for your quick response

Went to C:\Program Files\Symantec\OpsCenter\server\EEB.info and found it below.

HARDWARE windows AMD64
VERSION OpsCenter Server 7.0
BUILD NUMBER 20091226
RELEASE DATE Sun Dec 27 12:56:04 GMT+05:30 2009

So after i ran the patch on OpsCenter it shows connected now thanks for the help.

zubair_chowgale
Level 3
Partner

where did you download the patch from? can you help me with the details?

i have installed opscentre on the master server itself and its not reporting. i need urgent assistance here.

please assist me with the same

Lee_C
Level 5

Hi Zubair,

You haven't said what version of Opscenter nor OS you are running. Without knowing what version we can't be determine that the patches we have applied will also apply to you.

In any case try following the download link or search faciliites on this page :

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=landing&key=15143