Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter issues after upgrading to 7.5.0.5

bpdown
Level 4

Opscenter 7.5.0.5 (Windows)

NetBackups 7.1.0.4 (Solaris)

Recently upgraded OpsCenter Analytics from 7.1.0.4 to 7.5.0.5. Since then we've been having issues with the 3 NBU Master servers losing connection each night, and also some data collections failing.

After the Opscenter services are restarted all of the master servers re-connect and start collecting data. 2 Master servers data collection complete successfully, but one of them fails on the 'Disk' Data type collection with no error, and it cannot progress past this...so 'Images', 'Jobs' etc data collection will never even start, then within 6 hours the master server will disconnect and we have to start the whole process again.

So far we have

- Recreated the nbsl.xml files on all the master servers and restarted the NBU/Ops services

- Upped the timeouts in the scl.conf file

- Rebooted OpsCenter server

Has anyone come across this issue before, or could offer some more troubleshooting steps?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

bpdown,

Please review the following Technote, as I believe this maybe related to your issue...

Upgrading to OpsCenter 7.5.0.6 would be recommended, or you could contact support for the listed EEB.

7.5.0.6 Download Links - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH204644

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

inn_kam
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You can disable / enable data collection for one or more masters from the Settings / Configuration / NetBackup tabs within OpsCenter.

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

bpdown,

Please review the following Technote, as I believe this maybe related to your issue...

Upgrading to OpsCenter 7.5.0.6 would be recommended, or you could contact support for the listed EEB.

7.5.0.6 Download Links - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH204644

bpdown
Level 4

Late reply I know - Upgrade to 7.5.0.6 fixed the issue.

Thanks guys.