cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter upgrade 7.6.0.2 to 7.6.1.1 steps question

D_Flood
Level 6

According to the SORT generic OpsCenter 7.6.0.2->7.6.1.1 checklist the general process is:

Upgrade the agent

Upgrade OpsCenter

But...shouldn't OpsCenter be upgraded first and then the agent on the monitored NetBackup masters?  Otherwise you have (for a short time) a higher level agent talking to a lower leven OpsCenter.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Haven't looked at the 7.6.1 process but usually you had to disable the data collection, so it doesn't really matter which one you upgrade first in my opinion. It will only start to collect when you re-enable it.

Might be different now....

View solution in original post

watsons
Level 6

I believe it is for a the 3rd-party products only.

As we know, OpsCenter Agent can be installed not only on Netbackup but other products as well, including some non-Symantec backup products. There will be a dependency somehow if it's not controlled by Netbackup. 

In that case, pre-requisite to upgrade the agent makes sense - if all products are Netbackup-based, then we shall upgrade OpsCenter server first, and leave the agent (on master server) upgrade after that.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Haven't looked at the 7.6.1 process but usually you had to disable the data collection, so it doesn't really matter which one you upgrade first in my opinion. It will only start to collect when you re-enable it.

Might be different now....

watsons
Level 6

I believe it is for a the 3rd-party products only.

As we know, OpsCenter Agent can be installed not only on Netbackup but other products as well, including some non-Symantec backup products. There will be a dependency somehow if it's not controlled by Netbackup. 

In that case, pre-requisite to upgrade the agent makes sense - if all products are Netbackup-based, then we shall upgrade OpsCenter server first, and leave the agent (on master server) upgrade after that.

D_Flood
Level 6

Thanks to both of you.  The combination makes sense...disable data collection for the main upgrade and the agent version isn't a concern.

Since I'm only monitoring NetBackup with it I think I can stick with the "upgrade the core first then all the add-ons" method of upgrading.