cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opscenter Active Directory Authentication question

Lynne_Seamans
Level 6

So, the windows folks are changing domain controllers.   I want to make sure OpsCenter users will still authenticate correctly with domain credentials.  I set this up quite a while ago, and the windows domain is in the drop down for new users and all is right with the world

Sadly, I cannot remember how I did it, and I cannot find a way to see what's set up to determine if i have to change anything.  I've been all over the GUI as admin, don't see anything, and I'm reading the OpsCenter Admin manual, i'm seeing a lot of stuff about vssat, but none of that rings a bell at all.

The internet mentioned a vssat -listldapdomain (or some such) and it returned nothing.

Is there a configuration file I'm missing? 

Thanks for absolutely any info or pointers.  I'm feeling a keen mix of frustrated and useless over this.

3 REPLIES 3

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Lynne,

I'm not sure what version of OpsCenter you are on, but here are the instructions for adding AD authentication in 7.6:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000075320

So far I haven't been able to find a way to show which domain controller is currently configured as the authentication source.  I've searched through config files, and I can see the domain name, but not the DC being used.

I also looked at the contents of VSSAT.bat, as this shows other commands that I haven't seen documented.  From here I would have though that LISTLDAPDOMAINS would have shown something, but it shows I have zero.  Using SHOWALLBROKERDOMAINS does show I have an NT domain (ie Active Directory), but I can't find anywhere that shows me the DC being used.

Hope this helps - if not, off to support :)

Steve

First off, yeah, should have mentioned OpsCenter version 7.7.2

And YES it helps, mostly as an "I'm not going crazy" assurance.  I also was very surprised when the listldapsdomains brought back nothing, even though my windows domain is nice ensconced in the drop down.  You were so clever to read the bat file to find that option.  I found it at https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH182069

Certainly now realize should have documented what I did in the first place.  And you're right  "Off to Support"..

Thank you SO MUCH for your assistance !

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Lynne,

Excellent, at least it's got you pointed in the right direction Smiley Very Happy

If you have a chance while working with support, see if they can show you any way to see what DC is currently set for authentication, and post the info back here.  I've got an upgrade from 7.6.x to 7.7.x to do before February next year and that info could be quite helpful.

Steve