Highlighted

Policy Report for SOX Audit

Hi All

I need to create a custom report that shows me Policy Name, Schedule Dates and TImes, Clients and Selections

I have looked around but cannot locate one to use.

Thanks

Steve

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Policy Report for SOX Audit

Hi Steve,

OpsCentre (not sure if you are using it?) does have some Policy reports, but don't give what you are after - I know I've been there Smiley LOL

There is something out there that will do what you need.  I've used this a number of times in the past.  You'll probably need to massage the final Excel spreadsheet to get exactly what you want, but this will pull all the data together for you:

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Downloads/Netbackup-Policy-Reporter/ta-p/812596

It's from 2010, but I have used it on NetBackup versions up to 7.7.3.  A big shout out to @Satkay_Satish if he's still around for creating this.  Although all the steps you'll need are in that link, here's a heads-up of the main steps:

• You need to rename the attachment in that link from "Policy List Parser.txt" to "Policy List Parser.exe".
  • Place this in a location on your PC (or another device that has Excel installed on it - I've used it with versions up to Excel 2010 with no issues).
  • Run a "bppllist -allpolicies -U" on your Master server and redirect it to a text file (eg: bppllist -allpolicies -U > C:\Temp\MyPolicies.txt).
  • Copy the text file to the directory where you have "Policy List Parser.exe".  Now execute "Policy List Parser.exe"
  • Browse for the policy text file you created earlier, and then give a file name for the output Excel spreadsheet (eg: Output.xls).  This should be created in the folder where "Policy List Parser.exe" is.

Open the Excel spreadsheet and you should have everything you need.  Like I said, you'll probably need to massage a bit to get the final output you want.  NetBackup should have something like this as standard, but it's the only thing I've found that does it.  Any problems, let me know.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Highlighted

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing it but i have a rediculous problem when it lunch the Policy List Parser.exe i get an error 62,

would you help me to resolve this issue ,please

Thanks in Advanced

Hamid.Karimnejad@outlook.com

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing it but i have a rediculous problem when it lunch the Policy List Parser.exe i get an error 62,

would you help me to resolve this issue ,please

Thanks in Advanced

Hamid.Karimnejad@outlook.com

Highlighted

Hi Hamid,

I've had a quick look for you.  At first I though it was because there is no .XLS extension on your output file, but disregard that as it is not required ... leaving output file as "MyPolicies" is fine.

In the post I linked to, someone does have an issue with run-time error 62 but it is not answered.  I'll get you to try something else:

In the same post, but on Page 2, about halfway down is a response from Satkay_Satish dated 03/02/2015 @ 7:28am with a link to a newer version (2_March_2015).  I realised after comparing mine with yours that you are using the original 2010 version, whereas I was using the 2015 version.

Give the newer version a go and let us know if it works.  In case you can't be bothered finding the post entry I'm talking about, here is a direct link to the newer version:

https://vox.veritas.com/qsuop67736/attachments/qsuop67736/Downloads-Backup-and-Recovery/534/1/Policy...

Hope this helps,

Steve