cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queued/Missed backups?

Scooby_Doo
Level 3

Hi,

I have about 200 BE 11d servers reporting into one VBR server. I finally have everything working on the central server, but I can't seem to find a way to ensure that I get some sort of report from every single agent. Presumably since queued jobs don't complete, and missed jobs are missed due to BE service failures, these are not easy to report on in VBR.

Does anyone know how to do this? At the moment I am reporting on Success (complete only) but any servers (all are on remote sites) which miss their jobs or sit in a queued state (when B2D jobs run out of space) don't get picked up.

5 REPLIES 5

Kevin_Good
Level 5
Certified

Which version of VBR are you running?

I would recommend looking at the Client Risk Analisys report, If you set the report to look back 1 day, you will find any clients which have not been backed up in the past day.  This report is becoming one of my favorite reports to work from, as it gives me the best picture of what data may not be protected.  It can be filtered for Full or Incremental backups.

Scooby_Doo
Level 3

Hi Kevin, thanks for the reply.

That does sound like it might fit the bill (I'm back home now, I'll check again when I get into work tomorrow).

I'm using 6.5.1.

Scooby_Doo
Level 3

Checked it out, and in true VBR form, it almost does what I want it to, but not quite. We run Full backups each weekend, and differential backups through the week. However, that report doesn't filter on differential backups, so if I filter on Full backups, nothing has been successful for a week (which would be right), and if I filter on Incremental, nothing has ever been backed up!

Ho hum, I'll keep searching and hacking away!

Kevin_Good
Level 5
Certified

Rather than choosing Full or Incremental for the Backup Level, leave it set to All, this should show everything.

Kevin

Criss_R
Level 4
I have found that the Week at a Glance report to be very useful in finding clients that did not backup. The report is located under Reports > Backups > Historical Activity > Week at a Glance. I set the report to show me This Week, Job Type to Backup, and check the box for Rolling Eight Days. The I set VBR to email me the report in HTML format.
Message Edited by Criss R on 09-24-2008 07:43 AM