cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote ODBC access to OpsCenter (read-only)

X2
   VIP   

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000009348

I need to provide remote access to the DBAs to OpsCenter database to be able to get data from it to populate our CMDB. I saw the article on how to setup remote acess (linked above) and looked pretty straight forward. However, the article provides access to user DBA - which is the administrator account for the DB.

Has anyone configured OpsCenter for remote access? How would one just give read access to the remote user as the user profiles in OpsCenter guide seem to be specific for the GUI.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

areznik
Level 5

Just had the same requirement. I found that actually a Read-Only user already exists, created by Veritas - DBOPERATOR. However, Veritas would not give me the password for this user (makes no sense since DBA password is public). 

Instead they recommended I create my own user via Sybase Central and give him read access to all the tables and views, and execute on certain stored procs. Its not as hard as it sounds, but I'm a little concerned that this user will cause problems during upgrades or may be simply deleted during the upgrade process. 

X2
   VIP   

Using the already present "read-only" user would make sense because it require less tinkering and as you said, upgrade process will not change. I will open a case with support and see what they say this time. Will update here with the response.

Thanks for sharing. Much appreciated.