cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report on OpsCenter

JCotelo
Level 3

Hello,

I am quite new to OpsCenter and if possible I would like to know how can I create or use a report that shows the backup window planified for all my policies. I am seekings for something that allows my manager to see on a view if there are backups planified on a specific time.

Many thanks,

Jorge

9 REPLIES 9

inn_kam
Level 6
Partner Accredited

hi 

Below is the method taken from Symantec Tech note. follwo the steps and generate a report for youe Boss,( Donot forget to Mark it as Solution if it helps)

1.http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO43065

2.http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO71513

To create a custom report

1.  In the OpsCenter console, click Reports.
  2.  On the Report Templates tab, click Create New Report.

3. On the Report Wizard, select the Create a custom report option and clickNext.

4.  Select the report category and view type and click Next.

5.  Select time frame and other filters as required and click Next.

6. Add conditions as follows:

• Select a report column.

• Select an operator.

• Select a range of value. Select low threshold and high threshold values.

See About OpsCenter report conditions.

• Click Add.

When the specified condition is met, a notification is sent to the concerned person.

7. Click Next

JCotelo
Level 3

Many thanks for your answer, but that option is only available with the licensed version. As I comment on the post, I am new to OpsCenter so I do not have the licensed version.

I suppouse I need to modify an existing report, someone on Job Activity or Planning Activity to show for example in which time the backups will be executed the next week for example.

Any ideas?

RonCaplinger
Level 6

Jorge,

I do not see any way, even with the Analytics license, to produce a job forcast for a week ahead. 

OpsCenter generally only reports on historical data and doesn't offer a lot of forecasting.  Whatforecasting is included only works with numerical data.

The closest I can find to what you are looking for is the NetBackup command "nbpemreq -predict -date MM/DD/YY HH:MM:SS". But the output only displays one day at a time (which you can specify), and it just looks like this:

-bash-3.2$ sudo nbpemreq -predict -date 04/10/2013 00:00:00
Predicted work assuming no job run between now and Wed Apr 10 00:00:00 2013
rl client               policy               schedule             type
-- -------------------- -------------------- -------------------- ----------
00 mspdwsql01.int.capella.lan CDW-SQL-2nd_3Wed     Incremental          1
00 mspdwsql01.int.capella.lan CDW-SQL-2nd_7Sun     Incremental          1
00 mspdwsql01.int.capella.lan CDW-SQL-3rd_2Tue     Incremental          1
00 mspdwsql01.int.capella.lan CDW-SQL-4th_6Sat     Incremental          1
00 mspdwsql01.int.capella.lan CDW-SQL-3rd_3Wed     Incremental          1
05 prcaba10.capella.edu 225-Sol-QtrlyMedia         Incremental          1
00 prcaba01.capella.edu 652-NBU-Catalog            Incr-Daily-Catalog   1

inn_kam
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi JCotelo

(Excellent Snap Shots For Creating Reports in OPS Center without license)

This opscenter came with Netbackup, and it doesnot need any license.

Ops center analytics need license

i my self using Netbackup and Ops Center came with it, and Ops Center is generating reports daily , and i am emailing it to my boss

but i am not using Custom Report , i edit the Template report

Below are the snapshots

(Hope this helps, Kindly mark it as solution)

JCotelo
Level 3

Hi Inn_Kam,

Many thanks for your answer, but the snapshost are not the answer to my question. I am looking for a report that shows in which hour the policies are scheduled to run and I suppouse this is possible because on the relative time frame option (snapshot 3) appears the next week option.

Regards,

JCotelo
Level 3

Ron,

This is a good option. I am will take a look at the command to see how it works.

I suppouse that OpsCenter will solve my question because on the reports options appears time frame for next week and there are jobs group for forecasting.

Thanks,

inn_kam
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi JCotelo

You can do this. After making Report You can check for Schedule Tab and configure time that when you are going to send the report to your Boss.

Try and tell and mark it as solution

JCotelo
Level 3

Hi Inn_Kam,

Perhaps I am not good explaining, sorry for that.

My boss wants to receive a report that show in which hour the backups are planified to run during the week.

Do you now how to create that?

RonCaplinger
Level 6

inn_kam,

I see what you are doing here, and I don't think that will necessarily be accurate.  You are assuming that whatever ran in the past week will be the same next week, and the Tabular Backup report will show what ran last week, or whatever timeframe is selected.  I believe there will be exceptions that make this method innaccurate.  For instance, I have different policies that run full backups on different days of the month, and various monthly and quarterly backups, that would throw off even a month-by-month view.  And if JCotelo makes a schedule change today, the report would not be accurate until the schedule change had been running for at least a week or so.

What I think JCotelo wants is a forecast of what is supposed to run on each day in the future.  I don't believe there is anything within OpsCenter, nor OpsCenter Analytics, that will provide that information.  Note, however, that OpsCenter is collecting policy information and storing it in its database; I think it would be possible to create a custom SQL script that would provide something like this, but it's beyond my ability to write that type of SQL script.