Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Reports for Customers

busterbubble
Level 2
Hi All,

Trying to set up a report that will:-

Display restores performed for the previous month (or week!) for each individual customer.

Needs to detail job id and amount restored at the minimum.This is so we can bill the individual customer.

Anyone tried to do this or similiar ? Havent been able to find out much about VBR on this site of via Google.

Open to idea's,possibly SQL scripts as well.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

jnardello
   VIP    Certified
Should be quite possible using a custom report. The VBR server is getting an upgrade currently or I'd provide exact steps, but off the top of my head.....

Add in fields : 
Job Type
Job ID
Kilobytes

Set date range as desired

Filter option -
Set job type filter = restore

Think that should do you. I'll double-check myself when my upgrade is done. =) 

busterbubble
Level 2
Thanks

Is it possible to identify through reporting the Requesting Client Hosting name and the Requesting User Name ? 

Trying to identify customer's initiated restore request's as well as the previous details.

We are running 6.5 VBR

jnardello
   VIP    Certified
Oddly enough apparently VBR doesn't collect this info - or if it does, it's not available for adding to a custom report. I'd recommend submitting that as an enhancement request since NetBackup certainly knows the user and host that submit restore jobs. Just because it's _usually_ "root" on "mymasterserver" doesn't mean it _always_ is. =) At the very least, VBR should be able to report on the "Owner" field - I'm a little unsure whether the "ControllingHost" field for a job would be the submitting server or not.

If it's important to you it's definitely worth following up on though. Talk with support and get them to implement it.

busterbubble
Level 2
Thanks,you are one step ahead of me,have raised a case number with the following blurb.Perhaps the data is there hidden,we just need to know where :).Will update this when I have a solution.The script mentioned was written several years ago before VBR was around (so I am told as I inherited this task).

"I am currently producing reports on restore data for our Netbackup installation.

My problem is identifying the following fields in VBR SQL Tables that will give the data I need.

These fields are currently extracted from BPRD log files by a script,I need to identify these fileds so I can produce a report in VBR that contains the same/similiar data.

The two most important fileds are RequestingClientHostname and RequestingUserName

Also a list of sql tables would be of great assistance."

Thank You

thesanman
Level 6
Is there a "files to be restored" field somewhere?

I have a similar working report for Audit purposes but would like to add a field indicating what files were requested for restore?

busterbubble
Level 2
Hi All,

I have come by a 6.5.1 Schema visio document detailing all of the SQL tables that are used for VBR.

Now I need to decipher which of these will hold the most relevant data.As posted previously the two most important fields are RequestingClientHostname and RequestingUserName which will identify if a customer requested the restore.These fields are currently extracted from BPRD log files by a script.

Anyone have any idea's or am I getting warm ?