cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running OpsCenter in a clustered environment

js88699
Level 5
Partner

We're looking to build a new Opscenter clustered environment.  Looking for some real world suggestions and a few questions.

Per the Admin guide, only VCS is supported as cluster software for Windows or Unix.  Is anyone using anything different with sucess and have you had any support issues from Symantec.  My windows guy said they use the built in windows clustering.  I'm not sure I like that solution, but willing to listen to what anyone has to say.

When clusted on a Unix system, what did you do for the shared file systems.  From what I have been able to find in the admin guide  These are the file systems OpsCenter uses

/opt/SYMCOpsCenterWebGUI,  /opt/SYMCOpsCenterWebServer,  /opt/SYMCOpsCenterGUI, and /opt/SYMCOpsCenterServer

Do all of these need to be shared for clustering purposes or just a few of them?  If this is like NBU I know not all the /opt/xxx need to be shared for the cluster to work.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

js88699
Level 5
Partner

I see no replies to my questions?  Have I managed to stump the community??  hehehe.  Hoping this reply brings the questions back to the forefront.  Still looking for answers please.  Thanks.