cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing the "Last Job" end TIme for a media server

plsaits
Level 3
Partner

I have a SQL script that is recreating the Master Server Throughput report with Media Servers in place of the Master server. I am stuck on trying to figure out how to show the "Last Job" time. I know I can get each jobs end time via domain.Job or domain_JobArchive but I don't know how to show the last known jobs end time.

Here is what I tried

max(UTCBigIntToNomTime(dj.endTime)) AS "Last Job"

FROM domain_Job dj

Any insight would be super appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

areznik
Level 5

What do you need that column for really, what information will you take away from it?

Because the "last job" on a busy media server is usually going to be somewhere around the upper bound of your date filter. Otherwise if your date filter is until right now, then the last job probably hasnt finished yet. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

areznik
Level 5

What do you need that column for really, what information will you take away from it?

Because the "last job" on a busy media server is usually going to be somewhere around the upper bound of your date filter. Otherwise if your date filter is until right now, then the last job probably hasnt finished yet. 

plsaits
Level 3
Partner

This is just the column that the Master Server Throughput report displays and the customer wanted the report for the Media Server Throughput to be the same. I can always tell the customer that it is not needed and remove it from both reports given what you pointed out.

Thanks