cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total size report in MB/GB from overnight backup needed in OpsCenter Reports...

RQuayle
Level 2

Hi All

I hope you can help.  I am relatively new to OpsCenter and I am looking for assistance with reporting.  I've been asked to create a single report (if possible) that shows the following: -

1.  Data written overnight

In a seperate report it would also be great to have the following: -

2.  Shows data due to be written vs data actually written

I've had a play around already and I can't seem to get the exact data/report that I would like to have.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Deeps
Level 6

When you 'Data written overnight' . do you mean Media used for last evening backups ? or not then what are you expecting in the report ,please provide a sample .

Shows data due to be written vs data actually written . Again are you expecting the size of data to be written of the files/ folders to be backuped ?? Please specify.

Regards

DeepS

RQuayle
Level 2

Hi DeepS

Thanks for your response.  Sorry, I guess I should have proof read my query before posting as that does look a little confusing. 

For the 'data written overnight' report, this should show the total amount in size that has been written from all the jobs/policies from the previous evening.  This way we can tell how much data was written in total overnight when it is checked each morning.  This will eventually also allow for a comparitive view of how much in size this is increasing each day and from week to week.  A trends bar would also be an advantage but not compulsory.

Yes, the report for "data due to be written vs data actually written" is again to show the size, this way we know how much data in terms of size was missed from a previous nights backup.  This will help us with forecasting as we can see what total size should have been written overnight and what was actually written overnight, I think a stacked bar chart would help/be ideal for this.

Any further advice you could provide on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
RQuayle