Did you mean: 

Upgrade Opscenter from 7.6.0.3 to 7.6.1

Mastana420
Level 5

Hi

Current environment:

Master server running on Redhat Linux 6 with NBU version 7.6.0.3

Opscenter running on Windows 2008 server with opscenter version 7.6.0.3

We have totally over 7 Master server in our environment with either 7.6.0.1 or 7.6.0.3 version on the NBU side.

We are going to upgrade the Master server to 7.6.1, and in order to do so, we have to upgrade the Opscenter first.
I have read the opscenter admin guide and the upgrade section and I have some questions regarding the Opscenter upgrade:

1. I read somewhere in the opscenter admin guide that data collection on the opscenter needs to be disabled prior to upgrade. However it does not mention that during the step by step procedure for upgrade in the admin guide. Am i suppose to disable the data collection for all the master servrers from the opscenter or not?
  2. It is mentioned about the AT and how that has changed in 7.6.1 version. Depending on the upgrade scenario, one might need to perform some steps prior to the upgrade. Wheter or not to perform these steps is based on wheter we have cluster\non cluster environment and wheter AT is share or remote. My question is how do i figure if my AT is shared or remote

Any other suggestions are appreciated.Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

M_henriksen
Level 4
Partner

When we upgrade a NetBackup master server we only disable the data collection for that specific server.

Br Morten

View solution in original post

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

Shut off the data collectors. Always a good idea so the install goes faster. As for the AT you should have a local since in 7.6 the AT is installed locally and is used for OpsCenter only where it could have been shared between other Symantec products prior to that (makes you wonder if the decision to split the company was in the works even back then.)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mastana420
Level 5

No one knows the answer????

M_henriksen
Level 4
Partner

When we upgrade a NetBackup master server we only disable the data collection for that specific server.

Br Morten

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

Shut off the data collectors. Always a good idea so the install goes faster. As for the AT you should have a local since in 7.6 the AT is installed locally and is used for OpsCenter only where it could have been shared between other Symantec products prior to that (makes you wonder if the decision to split the company was in the works even back then.)

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

So first off, No one sits by their computer eager to have questions thrown at them so they can answer right away. This forum spans the globe so the person you might rely on may be in bed or enjoying their favorite past time away from work and work related items. Waiting three or four hours is not uncommon and if there is no one immediately available with experience with the situation posed then you may never get an answer. So please be patient and if there is an answer then you will get it. If there is not one you may want to open a call with Veritas for the answer. 

Mastana420
Level 5

Meaning that i neither have share nor remote. Its locally so i guess i dont need to perform the pre-upgrade tasks such as exporting the AT to a xml file using utilities etc.