Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to OpsCenter 7.7.3

Bongz_83
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to upgrade my environment to NBU 7.7.3. My problem now is that my current OpsCenter server runs on a Solaris server and and now Solaris is not listed here: https://sort.veritas.com/checklist/install#report . I can see all the other platforms but not Solaris. Does this mean OpsCenter 7.7.3 does support Solaris platforms ?

5 REPLIES 5

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Bongz,

You don't say what version of Solaris you are running or whether it is 32 or 64 bit.  The SORT link you included doesn't help as that only goes to the SORT home page.

I'm guessing you either have an old version of Solaris or a 32 bit version.  If you have a look at the SCL for OpsCenter (link below):

https://download.veritas.com/resources/content/live/SFDC/25000/000025229/en_US/nbu_77_scl.html?__gda...

....OpsCenter is supported on Solaris 10, 11 and 12 (all 64-bit only).  Note that there are particular Support Pack (SP2) requirements for Solaris 10 and 11 (see footnotes in link provided).

You may have to look at either upgrading your Solaris to a supported version, or run OpsCenter on a supported OS.

Regards,

Steve

Bongz_83
Level 3

Hi Steve,

Thanks for you response,.

My OpsCenter(ver. 7.6.1.1) is currently running on a Solaris 10 SPARC.

Now i want to upgrade to 7.7.3 and I don't see any version of Solaris being mentioned under NetBackup OpsCenter Operating System Requirements from the SCL link you sent, unless I'm missing something here

Regards,

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Bongz,

Ahhhhhh Crap....brain freeze .... you're right....was looking at Suse .... my bad...just shoot me sad

Then I guess you'll have to build it on another supported OS flavour....unfortunately.  I just went back and had a look at the earlier SCL - support for OpsCenter running on Solaris was dropped from 7.7 onwards.

Just had a look at the DR doco for OpsCenter.  Looks like you have to maintain same hostname and IP on a new server, install OpsCenter, restore DB, Authentication service user profiles, and DB password.  That's all in the OpsCenter Admin Guide - I'm still on 7.6.x, so that was in Chapter 4 (Administering OpsCenter-->About Backup and restore of OpsCenter Analytics).

Regards,

Steve

Bongz_83
Level 3

Thanks Steve,

LOL no I won't shoot you :)

I will have a look at the admin guide on how to restore the OpsCenter components on a new server. Thanks.

tunix2k
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

thats right. No support for solaris. The packages contains only Linuxversions. (4windows there is an own package)

Like Steve said yous should migrate OPS Center to another platform. (And I was searching for solaris12 which is at time in no-public beta)

ciao

Martin