cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading OpsCenter to different server

SysNetTGZ
Level 2

Currently we use OpsCenter 7.5 with NBU 7.5. OpsCenter runs on a W2K3 server and NBU on a W2K8 server.

We want to replace the W2K3 server for a W2K8. I prepped a new VM with W2K8, but when installing OpsCenter 7.5 i got errors and it didn't install. Found out that this is due to the IE version and that the solution is to install OpsCenter 7.6. That installed OK, but now i cannot get the NBU server to connect with the OpsCenter server. I use the command vssat --setuptrust <host>:1556 --securitylevel high, but get an error that it cannot connect to the OpsCenter server.

I can ping the OpsCenter server from the NBU server, DNS registration for both machines is ok. I'm doing something wrong but i cant figure out what.......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

SysNetTGZ,

Hopefully you already have this working, however, if you are still having issues... 

1) Ensure the New OC hostname is added to the Host Properties of the Master Server.
      Host Properties > Master > Servers > OpsCenter Servers

2) Ensure DNS / Name Resolution / or Host Files are in place for communication between both hosts.

3) Try using the nbregopsc command from the master.

nbregopsc -add <Name_of_the_NEW_OpsCenterServer>

If these fail, please let me know.

If you have already resolved the issue, please reply with your steps for resolution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

watsons
Level 6

If you do regedit in the NBU master, do you see this?

key "OPS_CENTER_SERVER_NAME" in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Veritas\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config\

If not, create that as in:

OPS_CENTER_SERVER_NAME    REG_SZ      <the new opscenter server name>

and restart your NBU master service.

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

SysNetTGZ,

Hopefully you already have this working, however, if you are still having issues... 

1) Ensure the New OC hostname is added to the Host Properties of the Master Server.
      Host Properties > Master > Servers > OpsCenter Servers

2) Ensure DNS / Name Resolution / or Host Files are in place for communication between both hosts.

3) Try using the nbregopsc command from the master.

nbregopsc -add <Name_of_the_NEW_OpsCenterServer>

If these fail, please let me know.

If you have already resolved the issue, please reply with your steps for resolution.

SysNetTGZ
Level 2

@tom_sprouse  Thank you for your tips. The third one did the trick. I can now connect to my NBU master.