cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Opscenter views to create the failure Alerts

StarSister
Level 4

I have created 'views' in java viewbuilder to allow me alloctae views to different logins, per server owner. This allows the logged in user to only see their servers reports.

I also use the alerts to email into a call management system to log incidents for backup failures.

I currently have individual alerts set up per server to allow this to be emailed into an automatic incident management system.

Can anyone advise if they have successfully used a 'view' for the alerts...For example, could I use the same 'view' for the alerts that I use for the logins/reporting? This would be instead of using just the general view of all clients.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

StarSister
Level 4

I created an alert to run from 'one view' that contained all of my clients, and was to trigger when backups failed. The alert ran and emailed out on failures.

Then, to test, I deleted the view. The alerts did not trigger. The alert stays where it is, and there is nothing to show that it isn't configured properly.

Therefore - deleting views means alerts will not work, if this is they way they have been configured.

Thanks for all help

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Will_Restore
Level 6

Using the Alert Policy Wizard, select the desired View in the drop-down in step 3 called Scope

also labeled 'Select group/server to check for the specified alert condition'

StarSister
Level 4

Thanks for this - that is what I was expecting to do. Can you think of any issues with using this method?

Essentially I am trying to lessen administration but at the same time I require an individual alert per server backup failure

Will_Restore
Level 6

We only have a few Views so far and no issues.

Only thing that might become a problem, if a View is deleted how does the Alert behave?

StarSister
Level 4

wr, thanks for that - I will test this out to see what the behaviour is......great point. I will report back my findings

StarSister
Level 4

I created an alert to run from 'one view' that contained all of my clients, and was to trigger when backups failed. The alert ran and emailed out on failures.

Then, to test, I deleted the view. The alerts did not trigger. The alert stays where it is, and there is nothing to show that it isn't configured properly.

Therefore - deleting views means alerts will not work, if this is they way they have been configured.

Thanks for all help