cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBR and Linux Master Server

thesanman
Level 6
We're planning the migration of our Solaris based NetBackup Master Server to a new Linux platform.  My VBR server will remain on (another) Solaris server.  At the moment my VBR server communicates with the agent installed on the Master Server to get it's info.

My question is how will this work when I migrate my Master Server to Linux?  There doesn't appear to be a Linux VBR agent!  The documentation (for v6.6 ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Reporter/324058.pdf) specifically says agents for Solaris, various flavours of Windows and ESX only.

What to do?

Thanks,
Malcolm
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jnardello
   VIP    Certified
Run your Linux Master through the agent already installed on your VBR server. =) 

It'll make for slightly slower data collection, particularly if it's a large Master, but it'll work just fine. You'll just need to authorize your VBR server on the new Master (SERVER = xxx).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jnardello
   VIP    Certified
Run your Linux Master through the agent already installed on your VBR server. =) 

It'll make for slightly slower data collection, particularly if it's a large Master, but it'll work just fine. You'll just need to authorize your VBR server on the new Master (SERVER = xxx).