cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBR upgraded to OpsCenter

Rick_Brown
Level 4
Hello, This may have been covered somewhere already but after the upgrade, I cannot get the OpsCenter Web interface to allow a login. There's a message:"Error occurred while connecting to the OpsCenter Server. Please ensure that the server is running." I've ran the script to start OpsCenter on the Solaris server but still nothing. Any help is appreciated. The upgrade seems to have removed PBX. (VBR has been working flawlessly for us) Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

C_D__Larson
Level 3
Employee
Argh, this is a known bug, sorry you hit it.  See

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/343756.htm

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/346172.htm

good luck rick.

David_Ma
Level 3

I currently have VBR (Windows Server) and NOM server installed (solaris10 platform), Should I upgrade  or install Ops Center  from fresh in order to monitoring all my master server running in  6.5.4 ?  so Ops center consolidate all the reports and monitoring functions of both VBR and NOM?  Please advice. Thanks.

Rick_Brown
Level 4
Hello David,
There is an upgrade path for either VBR or NOM which will consolidate both apps into one interface.
If you have custom reports built in VBR, then upgrading VBR to OpsCenter will "upgrade" your custom reports so you won't have to rebuild them in OpsCenter afterwards.  I prefer to run VBR on a Unix system, I ran the upgrade to OpsCenter on Solaris to keep all the reports I had already been using.  We have a NOM installation on another Solaris server, but only use it in a very minimal capacity - making it easy to recreate the few things we have setup.
The good news is even after you run the upgrade to OpsCenter (installing in a different directory, you can still run VBR if needed.  If OpsCenter is haivng issues for some reason, you can stop the services and fire-up VBR and you're back in business, (you cannot run both at the same time). I hope this helps.
If you have anymore questions, please let us know.

Cheers,
Rick

Rick_Brown
Level 4
Hello C.D.,
Thanks for the technotes. They refer to a little different situation.  I didn't uninstall VBR, just did the upgrade from VBR 6.6.0 to OPsCenter. I have a case open & will see what the backline guys/gals come up with.

Cheers,
Rick