cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Services API for OpsCenter

nhavard
Level 2

Hi

I've been searchign around for information on a web services API into OpsCenter, but so far have drawn a blank. Is there a web services API that can be used to integrate into other applications? If so can you point towards further information.

Thanks.

Nick.

12 REPLIES 12

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

No there is no Web services API. You can connect to the database through ODBC or you can use SNMP traps to a monitoring system but other than that it is pretty self contained.

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

However one may assume that there is because of this product:

http://www.biomni.com/solutions/for-symantec/

Now it may integrate closer than REST or SOAP but since there is a product  that can create a self service portal one would think there at least is a hidden API.

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What exactly do you mean with "integrate into other applications"?

nhavard
Level 2

Hi

Thanks for the link, thats useful to know.

Would be useful if I could find an API into either the NBU Master or OpsCenter.

Nick.

nhavard
Level 2

Hi

Specifically I want to be able to perform some actions like collected detailed job information or re-run failed jobs based on events coming into an event management system.

WebServices can be consumed by orchestration tools to automate some procedures.

Regards.

Nick.

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi,

I dont think there is any such service avaiable. On the other hand, NetBackup has built in features that rerun backups that failed. If the errors are transient then the rerun would work, if they're not, then you really need and admin to be looking at what the issue is. Having some third party app rerun it wont achieve much.

There used to be SCOM packs for opscenter, not sure if they're still available. But that was only for event reporting.

nhavard
Level 2

That may be so, but the automation is also to initiate things like incident management etc, which I don't think can be done directly from Netbackup either. Re-running a backup job is only one of several posibilities for a failed job; collecting diagnostics for analysis and placing into an automatically opened incident directly from an event management system would add a lot of efficiency to the process.

RiaanBadenhorst

I get your point. I checked but don't see the SCOM stuff on the 7.6 installation media sets.

RiaanBadenhorst

Found the SCOM pack http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH139344

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

That pack is for forwarding SNMP traps like I pointed out earlier. This only allows alerting but no automated process to send back to Ops Center for issue resolution.

NetBackup can be intergrated with Service Now to do the incident Management. Also at ServiceNow level you can do event co-relation to avoid generating multiple events of same client or Policy. 

Is there any documentation or reference material for integrating with ServiceNow Event Management that you can point me to?