cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a2015 in Veritas Backup Reporter and not connect to netbackup 6.5.2 master server with nbac

Cesar_Almada
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hello all

I installed one master server and media server and upgrade to the 6.5.2

in another server i installed and configure the management server of veritas backup reporter

in the master server i installed the agent of veritas backup reporter

before i seting the nbac in master server the reports show correctly

but

after i set the nbac in the enviroment, in the vbr management console showme one error a 2015

in the admin configurantion manual of vbr showme one procedure with steps for configuration in solaris plataform (example in manual)

I have the enviroment in windows 2003 sp2 std platform

I need the correct steps for the configuracion of the nbac_cron.exe in one windows enviroment

very thank you and please helpme

Cesar Almada

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cesar_Almada
Level 3
Partner Accredited
The ability to collect data from an NBAC-enabled Windows Master server was not a supported feature at the time of client's purchase of VBR 6.5, and is still not a feature of VBR as of today.  VBR does not include the ability to collect data from NBAC-enabled Windows master servers - so we are not truly awaiting a "fix".  We are awaiting a new Windows feature. 

This is very clear in our document  http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/311993.htm
=================
II.  KNOWN ISSUES
=================

+ (ET 1200550) Veritas Backup Reporter does not collect data from NBAC-enabled (NetBackup Access Control) NetBackup master servers on Windows.
  Note: You can configure the VBR agent to collect data from NBAC-enabled NetBackup master servers on Solaris platform.
  See the Veritas Backup Reporter 6.5 Administrator’s Guide for specific instructions.

I recommend you speak with your Account Manager or Sales Representative for more information about new features in upcoming releases.

I apologize for the misunderstanding in words. - I should have written that the ReadMe will include "New Features and Platform Proliferations" ( not fixes)  when they are available.

An example of what you will see for a documented new platform feature:

============================================
I.  NEW FEATURES AND PLATFORM PROLIFERATIONS
The following product proliferations have been added in Veritas Backup Reporter 6.5.1.1 :

1. VBR 6.5.1.1 now supports Symantec Backup Exec 12.5.

Roberto - I would be happy to discuss further if you would like to provide telephone or email information

Regards,
Deborah Beard
NetBackup Support
Symantec Corporation

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonyDavids
Level 4
Employee Accredited

You should check out the NBU documentation for running scripts in cron or batch when you have access control enabled.  The VBR agent is running the NBU CLI's as you probably know.

Cesar_Almada
Level 3
Partner Accredited

yes i read the documentation

but

In the document talk for the enviroment tested is in solaris

I need the specific steps for the windows 2003 enviroment

In the document talk for enviroment variable for linux

i need the exactly information for how to set the enviroment in one windows

best regards

TonyDavids
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Cesar,

Did you try setting the same environment variable (global) on the Windows system where your VBR agent is running as the one that is required for Unix?  You might have to stop and start all the VBR services for it to take affect.

Tony

Cesar_Almada
Level 3
Partner Accredited
The ability to collect data from an NBAC-enabled Windows Master server was not a supported feature at the time of client's purchase of VBR 6.5, and is still not a feature of VBR as of today.  VBR does not include the ability to collect data from NBAC-enabled Windows master servers - so we are not truly awaiting a "fix".  We are awaiting a new Windows feature. 

This is very clear in our document  http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/311993.htm
=================
II.  KNOWN ISSUES
=================

+ (ET 1200550) Veritas Backup Reporter does not collect data from NBAC-enabled (NetBackup Access Control) NetBackup master servers on Windows.
  Note: You can configure the VBR agent to collect data from NBAC-enabled NetBackup master servers on Solaris platform.
  See the Veritas Backup Reporter 6.5 Administrator’s Guide for specific instructions.

I recommend you speak with your Account Manager or Sales Representative for more information about new features in upcoming releases.

I apologize for the misunderstanding in words. - I should have written that the ReadMe will include "New Features and Platform Proliferations" ( not fixes)  when they are available.

An example of what you will see for a documented new platform feature:

I.  NEW FEATURES AND PLATFORM PROLIFERATIONS
The following product proliferations have been added in Veritas Backup Reporter 6.5.1.1 :

1. VBR 6.5.1.1 now supports Symantec Backup Exec 12.5.

Roberto - I would be happy to discuss further if you would like to provide telephone or email information

Regards,
Deborah Beard
NetBackup Support
Symantec Corporation