cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to enable subjobs opscenter 7.5

Dangerous_Dan
Level 5
Partner Certified

Does anyone know how to enable sub jobs in the data collection as it is currently showing as "not started".

My master is 7.5.0.4 and so is my Opscenter server - Both Windows 2008

Thanks

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Daniel,

The Breakup Jobs functionality applies to Symantec OpsCenter Analytics only.
The Breakup Jobs functionality cannot be used with Symantec OpsCenter (free version)

You need to enable breakup / subjobs collection in the scl.conf file on OpsCenter Server, for NetBackup 7.1
or later master servers (disabled by default).

Note:

--- Enabling or disabling the Breakup Jobs option using scl.conf applies to 7.1 or later master servers only.
--- Enabling the Breakup Jobs option increases the load on the master server and the time it takes to gather and load data in OpsCenter.

For more information on enabling data collection for breakup jobs / subjobs, please see the OC 7.5 Admin Guide page 336-341 - http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5042

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Stavros41
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi Dan

Looks like no one has come across this one. Can I ask if this has been upgraded from older versions ie 7.1 or was a fresh 7.5 install thats been patched to 7.5.0.4?

I am assuming you are licensed for Analytics as I believe this was a requirement

Dangerous_Dan
Level 5
Partner Certified

Actually both.

our internal reporting was upgraded from VBR to Opscenter and has gradually got to the latest along the way.

Our customers Opscenter is brand new and behaves the same

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Daniel,

The Breakup Jobs functionality applies to Symantec OpsCenter Analytics only.
The Breakup Jobs functionality cannot be used with Symantec OpsCenter (free version)

You need to enable breakup / subjobs collection in the scl.conf file on OpsCenter Server, for NetBackup 7.1
or later master servers (disabled by default).

Note:

--- Enabling or disabling the Breakup Jobs option using scl.conf applies to 7.1 or later master servers only.
--- Enabling the Breakup Jobs option increases the load on the master server and the time it takes to gather and load data in OpsCenter.

For more information on enabling data collection for breakup jobs / subjobs, please see the OC 7.5 Admin Guide page 336-341 - http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5042