I want to migrate my ops-center server to a new server with another OS. It is now on Windows 2008 and it needs to go to a server with windows 2016. I cannot find a good document how to do this. Can anybody help to find the doc?
Netbackup version is 8.1.1
I didn't change name. Old server Windows 2012R2 Std. New server Wndows 2016 Std. NetBackup OpsCenter v7.7.3.
1) take an OpsCenter DB backup
2) opsadmin stop
3) use NetBackup to backup that OpsCenter DB backup
4) eject server from domain
5) shutdown server
6) delete/destroy/erase server
7) install new Windows
8) patch server
9) join to domain
10) install OpsCenter Server - must be same version as earlier - must be same config as earlier, i.e. same drive letters for whatever you place especially
11) install NetBackup client
12) restore the previous OpsCenter DB backup to local disk inside OpsCenter server
13) then finally do an OpsCenter DB restore
14) enjoy a nice cup of tea
It is not always possible to keep the same name. The server will be hosted by an external company where I can't tell what the name will be. Maybe I just start with a fresh new OPS-center server and leave the history. I don't have much reports anyway.