cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opscenter upgrade to 7.7.2 GA

Dollypee
   VIP    Certified

Hi all, has anyone successfully upgraded opscenter analytic to 7.7.2 & running perfectly without issue?

Am planning to do the same but wanted to get some opinion.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dollypee
   VIP    Certified

Apology for my late update. This issue was resolved from my end. After generating series of logs to veritas support, they agreed this was indeed a bug in 7.7.2. They provided me an EEB was was installed in my opscenter server & they fix the issue.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

D_Flood
Level 6

I just upgraded from 7.7.1 to 7.7.2 yesterday.  My setup isn't as big or complicated as most that have been described in forum discussions but I am still running 7.6.1.2 on my Masters/Media Servers/Appliances...

As far as the parts/pieces that I use, it's the same as 7.7.1...warts, bugs, and all.  Most of the built-in reports still won't work if you pick "weeks of the year" grouping and the restore interface requires at least two breaths between clicks on things to give it time to react.

BorisV
Level 3

After upgrading from 7.6.1 to 7.7.2 . Failed to retrieve data for Hyper V server.

[Nbsl/Agent communication exception]: Data collection failed for proxy server : EXAMPLEBACKUPHOST1.DOMAIN.COM, EXAMPLE2.DOMAIN.COM

Dollypee
   VIP    Certified

I am currently also getting this same error for all my VMware data collection. It seem to me, there's a bug in 7.7.2 opscenter analytic. I have open a case with veritas, but they are yet to find solution to this error".  Please any one with ways to resolve this issue?

Nbsl/Agent communication exception]: Data collection failed for proxy server : server 1.domain.com

Scott_Lewis_2
Level 4

I have had a case open on this issue "VMware data collection proxy error" for almost two months (02/08/16) without resoultion.  I do have one VCenter in which it works correctly but I have been unable to determine why it collects data for just the one VCenter and not the other seven.  It does not seem to matter the VCenter version or OS and I have tested it with 5.1, 5.5 and 6.0.   Everything was working with OpsCenter 7.7.1, so it is definelty related to a "bug" in 7.7.2  Please let me know if anyone is able to get an answer from Support on this issue and I will do the same.

Karanosov
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hi,

we have exactly the same issue with 7.7.2 & 7.7.3 with vmware, have you received any feedback from support?

Thanks.

Dollypee
   VIP    Certified

Apology for my late update. This issue was resolved from my end. After generating series of logs to veritas support, they agreed this was indeed a bug in 7.7.2. They provided me an EEB was was installed in my opscenter server & they fix the issue.

Karanosov
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hi Damisi,

thanks for your reply.

Same for me, Veritas provided some EEB's for 7.7.2 and 7.7.3, which solved the issue.

Thanks