cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question on OpsCenter DB defrag

DoubleP
Level 5

We're doing a defrag of OpsCenter (8.0--windows box) this coming Monday. I've already worked with Veritas on memory, etc, but have a couple questions since this will be the first time my team will be handling this. (The previous team last handled it three years ago--we weren't aware of the necessity of a defrag until just recently). My questions--if necessary can the defrag be stopped, and what are the consequences?  Also, what are some possible issues that we could expect if the defrag goes bad?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The defrag wass over in a relatively short period of time, so we didn't have any problems. Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Krutons
   VIP   

DoubleP you should try to defrag your OpsCenter DB once a month.

How large is your OpsCenter DB?

I would not suggest stopping/canceling/aborting the DB defrag but if you are concerned about system perfomance during the defrag, I would check a few things before running the defrag. Can you copy the contents of your server.conf file located at the install path\Symantec\OpsCenter\server\db\conf\server.conf

Also, always make a backup of a your OpsCenter DB before doing any kind of work on it. This way, you can revert back to the backup if you have any issues.

The defrag wass over in a relatively short period of time, so we didn't have any problems. Thanks.