cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using ccsvc.BackupSubJob.backupSubJobSize AS "Job_Size" in VBR 6.5

Willspe
Level 3

I have inherited a process that depends heavily on custom tables generated from an export of data in the VBR database.  I have noticed inconsistancies the use of Job size.

When I use the VBR web interface and generate a custom table then compare it to my extract from ccsvc.BackupSubJob.backupSubJobSize AS "Job_Size" Is see a factor of 341.33332....  I can compared many job and this factor appears consistant.  Can someone I explain the factor?  I have searched and could not find anything that explains it. 

Otherwise could someone please explain an alternative method on how I am supposed to calulate the Job size properly.  I know that we sum(ccsvc.BackupSubJob.backupSubJobSize AS "Job_Size") by Job_Group_ID to get the total per job.

Thanks in advnce.

Peter

2 REPLIES 2

payners
Level 4

Do you have a little more detail as to what you are looking for? backupsubjobsize is the entry for backup size. Can you show me your custom report you are running and I can try and help you out.

Tim

Willspe
Level 3

Thanks for your reponse.  It was determined that BackupJobSize is stored in KBytes (binary). So my calculation to convert that number to TBytes is to use the formula (BackupJobSize / 1073741824).