I’m very excited to announce the general availability of the latest version of Veritas Velocity. Veritas Velocity™ provides Copy Data Management (CDM), database centric data protection and data virtualization capabilities to enterprises. By enabling you to virtualize a single copy of production data ingested directly from either NetBackup or the database source, you can now instantly provision virtual copies of data without impacting your production infrastructure. Overall, Velocity accelerates and streamlines data access by providing rapid, self-service access to the right data at the right time. With Velocity, you can eliminate the burden of creating, storing, and maintaining physical copies or relying on resource dependences when provisioning copies of data.
This new release brings new features, additional platform support, and embeds our new data virtualization capabilities into NetBackup’s deduplication technology.
- Schedule database ingestions and manage the retention of the database(s) through Velocity’s web interface (one of the best user interfaces on the market).
- Oracle DBA’s can now use Velocity to instantly stand up a copy of their database on a production database server, either overwriting production or running a virtual copy in parallel to the production database.
- Shared MSDP – customers using MSDP can now use that storage with Velocity to provision virtual copies without a Velocity storage server.
New platform support
- Support for Microsoft SQL 2008, 2012, 2014, and 2016 – now you can backup SQL databases directly from the MS SQL service and provision virtual copies on demand.
- We’ve also added support for protecting Oracle databases running on Solaris 10 and 11.
If you have any questions, would like a personalized demonstration or would like to speak to a Velocity expert, please don't hesitate to get in touch by replying to this post. You can also contact me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org.