I run
VERITAS Replication EXEC
Version 3.1 service Pack 1

Replication Management console
Build # 3.13.70a
interface Build # 3.13.70a

Replication Management Server
RMS Ver. 3.13.70a

All on Windows 2003 servers,  I have 4 Replication jobs that replicate from California and a Co-Location (Nevada) Both sites have T-1 lines to the internet through a VPN.

One of the four jobs Creates thousands of journal files that makes my Hard drive run out of space everyday.(40 gig that only host's the journal files)

The other 3 jobs create about 2-4 journal files  which is about avg. from my research.

The journal files are not on the same drive that is getting replicated, I even tried changing the journal files  to a different drive that is also not being replicated.

I tried to give the job that creates thousands of journal files a higher bandwidth priority,  I have canceled the other
Replication jobs and just ran the one with the problem, I have deleted the job and recreated it.  I have Called Symantec tech support and we tested the lines between the two locations and found that was not the problem, we have plenty of bandwidth. Tech support claimed that they would get back to me, I call them every morning and they put me in queue for support but they never call(its been two weeks).  (Sigh) any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 REPLIES 0