cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excluding subdirectories from replication?

Chuck_Stevens
Level 6
I've got a large replication job, and I want to exclude specific subdirectories from the rule, preferrably using wildcards (e.g., Exclude shelf0*, directories "shelf001", "shelf002", etc.) ; what's the correct syntax in the rule dialog for this? I've tried everything I can think of, but the job keeps trying to copy the directories I've excluded.

More detail:

The Source directory ("stacks") contains about 160 subdirectories called "shelf001", "shelf002", etc., through "shelf160". Each subdirectory contains up to 50,000 image files. The older shelf directories contain old static data, so there is no reason to replicate them. Only the newer, higher-numbered directories contain active data. I want the replication job to only replicate these newer directories, by excluding the older ones.

This is my best guess at a rule set that will do this (which does not work):

Action Filter Subdirectories? Evaluation Order
------------ ------------- ----------------------- --------------------------
Include *.* Yes 6
Exclude shelf14*.* Yes 5
Exclude shelf13*.* Yes 4
Exclude shelf12*.* Yes 3
Exclude shelf11*.* Yes 2
Exclude shelf10*.* Yes 1
Exclude shelf0*.* Yes 0

The intent is to exclude all subdirectories under shelf150. Anything obviously wrong here?
2 REPLIES 2

Chuck_Stevens
Level 6
134 views, and no clues?

Finzy_Bob
Level 2
Chuck, the include *.* should be the last statement. When the backup job searches through the incl/excl statements, it runs through the satements one by one, from top to bottom. As you have included everything in your 1st statement, there is no need to read any other statement.