cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universal Restore

OnlyOneCanBe
Not applicable

Hello all, 

This is my first post ever to a forum and I believe it's a bit of a problem. I work for a small IT Support firm. We have a customer that has a few C&C machines that run from the blueprints and software off of Window 7 machines. We were notified by manufacture of the machines there is a voltage flux in the machines that are prone to destorying the PCs connected to the machine. 

Our customer would like us to take an image of the computers and be able to reinstall the images taken on new hardware, computers that have different hardware configurations, all without losing any information, programs and computer OS. 

I'm looking for ideas on how this can be done. I've read it can be done, just not sure how to approach the problem, so I'm looking for some ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
What are you currently using in your environment to backup the servers? Find out if your backup product has a Bare Metal Recovery. If you are using one of the Symantec backup products such as NetBackup or Backup Exec, we can move this post to the relevant forum. There are other possible Symantec solutions such as Symantec Ghost, but I don't have any experience of the product. There is a different forum for that.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
What are you currently using in your environment to backup the servers? Find out if your backup product has a Bare Metal Recovery. If you are using one of the Symantec backup products such as NetBackup or Backup Exec, we can move this post to the relevant forum. There are other possible Symantec solutions such as Symantec Ghost, but I don't have any experience of the product. There is a different forum for that.