cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add the License/feature

mhab11
Level 5

I already have SFW HA 5.1 installed on my server and I just purchased a License for Volume Replicator. How do I add the feature (VR) and the License to Veritas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi mhab11,

In Add/Remove programs select the SFW-HA server components and modify.  The dialog box should have multiple options.  One of the options is "License Management" where you can add the new key.  Another option is "Add/Remove Options". 

You will need to run the modify option twice, the first time add the license key and the second time add the VVR component.

Let us know if you still have problems.

Thank you,

Wally

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi mhab11,

In Add/Remove programs select the SFW-HA server components and modify.  The dialog box should have multiple options.  One of the options is "License Management" where you can add the new key.  Another option is "Add/Remove Options". 

You will need to run the modify option twice, the first time add the license key and the second time add the VVR component.

Let us know if you still have problems.

Thank you,

Wally

mhab11
Level 5

I got it now, Do I have to do this on every server that has veritas? Is there a way to do them all at one like the initial install?

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi mhab11,

Sorry, there is not a way to add licenses and options to multiple servers at a single pass after the initial installation is done.

There are CLI options to add keys and options that you might want to look into.  With them you can script the process so that it is a simple command to run at a command prompt.

The setup.exe command from the installation media has a silent option and is documented in the product Installation and Upgrade guide at the root of the installation media.  I'm fairly sure that it has an option to add options and maybe keys at the same time.

vxilicinst.exe is the cli to install license keys.  I'm fairly sure there is a tech note on this but I don't think it is documented else where.  I'm sure it also has a syntax help if run at a command prompt without any options.

Thank you,

Wally