cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on VVR configuration.

RBK001
Level 2
Hi All I am new in VVR, but I would like to check with you on below configuration which is done by my vendor 1 year ago. From the VVRTypes.cf, I found that there is a RouteOotions under the definition on IPMultiNICB, and this routing looks like "RouteOptions=host X.X.X.X Y.Y.Y.Y -ifp e1000g0". Assume this node has 2 physical interfaces (e1000g0 and e1000g1) and they are in the IPMP group configured in VCS (main.cf). E1000g0 is connected to a L2 SW-A and e1000g1 is connected to L2 SW-B, while SW-A and SW-B is trunked. My question is based on the RouteOptions defined above, what will be happened is SW-A is powered down? My logical thinking is the VVR IP cannot be activated in this node, and the VVR IP will be failed over to other node instead am I correct? What exactly the interface after option "-ifp" means in RouteOptions command? -RBK
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cheslav_Versky
Level 2
Partner Certified
Clearly, the RouteOptions attribute is used to specify options to the actual system command run by the VCS...in this case, the command it "route".
Digging through the man pages for "route" I see the following:

"In a change or add command where the destination and gateway are not sufficient to specify the route
(for example, , when several interfaces have the same address), the -ifp or -ifa modifiers may be
used to determine the interface or interface address."

So, in other words, the options for your IPMultiNICB will tie the route the e1000g0 interface (since both e1000g0 and e1000g1 are sharing the same IP address in
your situation) in order to avoid routing confusion due to interface trunking.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cheslav_Versky
Level 2
Partner Certified
Clearly, the RouteOptions attribute is used to specify options to the actual system command run by the VCS...in this case, the command it "route".
Digging through the man pages for "route" I see the following:

"In a change or add command where the destination and gateway are not sufficient to specify the route
(for example, , when several interfaces have the same address), the -ifp or -ifa modifiers may be
used to determine the interface or interface address."

So, in other words, the options for your IPMultiNICB will tie the route the e1000g0 interface (since both e1000g0 and e1000g1 are sharing the same IP address in
your situation) in order to avoid routing confusion due to interface trunking.

RBK001
Level 2
Thanks for the reply! So it meant once the e1000g0 is physically disconnected, then the routing will not be able to apply on e1000g1 even though the VIP will now be assigned to e1000g1... rite?